Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Sometimes You Just Have to Give Up

Certain projects of course.  Not knitting in general.  I've notice that certain patterns get done right away (sometimes being a part of a KAL helps).  There are a few of my projects are a years long.  A couple of blankets (which a know they are going to take a while using up scraps).  There have been a few cardigans and a shawl that have been LONG projects.  I decide to get rid of 2.  The one shawl has been lovely but complicated.  I work over 3 charts and since I don't work on it much, I tend to forget the order.  There are no rest rows and worst of all, I don't have enough yarn!  I tried to see if I could get more but the company has closed and it was a special lot of 2 skeins.  I have 750 yards and the pattern calls for 825 yards.  At the best of times, I run out of yarn with my loose knitting.  I figure the yarn should go for a smaller project.




The other project is this finger weight cardigan.  Again its a complicated edge which you have to remember the order of the rows so not something you can just pick up and keep going.  The other 2 cardigans are DK weight and Sport weight.  Also its been years in the process.  Luckily I just signed up for a test knit that I can use the yarn for!





No comments:

Post a Comment