Monday, May 16, 2016

Can't Help Myself




I got this neat double knit sock blank from Gale's Art during my trip to Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival.  I couldn't wait to start knitting on it.  Double knit refers to that there are 2 strands of yarn so you can knit 2 socks at a time.  I'm not crazy about knitting two at a time (I can't do both heels at the same time) so I decided to unwind it and separate them into 2 balls.


 
 
It took me some time since the yarn got tangled while I was separating it into 2 balls.  I did finally get them into 2 balls and then wound them up (easier to knit then a ball that rolls around).
 

 

I started on them last night.  I'm using my go to sock pattern from Wendy Johnson.  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gusset-heel-basic-socks  So far I like how its knitting up.  It of course looks a lot different then the sock blank. 


No comments:

Post a Comment