Sunday, August 14, 2016

All Done Testing For Now


I finished this sort of test knit.  I've test knitted for Stephanie before.  She gave us patterns to knit up by Aug 30th that needs some more projects (3 or less).  For doing this "test" knit, I also got a pattern.  This basically meant I got 2 patterns for free!  An awesome deal for me.  I don't know why this cowl isn't more popular.  It wasn't too hard and it looks really complicated.  Another bonus for me was that my daughter requested a cowl so perfect!

Needles:  Size 3 and 4

Yarn:  Plymouth Yarn Encore Worsted Solids & Heathers in 1033 Medium Lavendar

Pattern:    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tiltawhirl-cowl



This was a double knit cowl test.  For some reason it came out bigger but my gauge was smaller then the project called for.  I also went down 2 sizes of needle.  I ran out of the dark yarn (which is actually dark purple like below) but I ended up using a dark brown for the last couple of rows.  I don't think you can tell the different color and weight (it was sport instead of DK).

Needles:  Size 2 circular (cast on with Size 4)

Yarn:  Cephalopod Yarns Traveller in Detour and Peshawar, The Sanguine Gryphon Bugga! in  Rhinocerous Beetle - Chocolate

Pattern:  Coming Soon!




What I need to do is work on my current 19 WIP.  Instead I keep wanting to start new projects.  This is a cardigan that I started Jun 2014.  I'm on the easy but long part of plain knitting.

Needle:  Size 5 and 6 circulars

Yarn:  The Sanguine Gryphon Free Range in  Delegorgues Pigeon

Pattern:  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tidal



This is what is on the wheel right now.  It's my favorite 50% merino and 50% silk.  This is fiber from JulieSpins and its in the colorway Raspberry Swirl.  I think I have 3 more days before I ply.  I can't wait to see how it turns out.



No comments:

Post a Comment