Saturday, April 2, 2016

Project Linus


This is my stash from Project Linus yarn.  What happens is that people donate yarn (sometimes fiber) for Project Linus.  Here Project Linus only uses acrylic yarn to knit blankets for babies.  The yarn that isn't acrylic gets sorted and picked up by one of our knitting ladies.  She brings that yarn to the knitting group.  We pick what we want and make a donation.  Usually the suggested amount is $1/skein but I usually donate more since often the retail price is still on the yarn and the money is going to charity.  I try to pick yarn for certain projects but for Project Linus yarn, I usually pick yarn that speaks to me and then try to find a perfect project for it.  I really do try not to bring too much yarn home since I probably have more then enough to knit for the rest of my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment